Tuesday, May 26, 2015

New look for my bathroom vanity

Lets start out with how my bathroom shelves used to look:
DSC_1334
So messy, so many random stuff lying around, and I didn't even utilize all the space up on the first shelf (too high for me to reach).
The wire shelf had to go out. I replaced them with wood shelves, prime and paint them myself. I got most of my material at Homedepot. If you don't want to mess with bare wood, they have primed board which is easier to paint. Each of these shelves (include hardware) costed me roughly $4 since I got used paint for cheap (like $3 for half gallon).
DSC_1429
At first I just randomly put everything on these shelves without really thinking much. It looked better than those wire shelves, but still look like a mess. Things were just all over the place until I found a solution: Baskets. I got these baskets at Dollar General (like $1.5 each). They are cute, sturdy and just the best option to hide all my little cream and lotion jars. I did have to put some items that I used less often in cabinet under sink (and I will need to reorganize them later).
DSC_1546word
I put all of my stuff on the bottom shelf (cuz I'm a little short haha), his stuff on middle shelf, throw in some decors with flower and picture. I got the picture frame from dollar store and printed out a picture that I like from the internet. I used matte photo paper ($5 for a pack of 50 sheets from Amazon) and printing it myself saved me lots. I bought ink and refill cartridge myself as well, you won't believe how much refilling your own ink cartridge can save you, I really think it's a ripoff to buy new cartridge from retailer.
picture
For the flower vase, it was just a tin can wrapped up in twine thread and secured with hot glue gun. The tin can was free, and I got twine thread at Target, it costed me $1 and was enough for 5 cans.
flower vase
And guess how much this whole update cost me? Less than $30. I just couldn't be happier with the result:
bathroom shelves evolution
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment