Tuesday, May 26, 2015

DIY necklace organizer

I have too much jewelry ~~. If you have a thing for necklaces like me, this is a must read. This is so simple to make, costs little and doesn't take too much time of your weekend.
What you will need:
  • Wood strip: $1.22 per 8ft at Home Depot, cut to size (as long or as short as you want)
  • Cup hooks: $4 a pack of 100 hooks, Home Depot
  • Spray paint: $4 a can, Home Depot, already on hand
  • Drill and drill bits
  • Screws
  • Ruler and marking pencil
Process:
  • Start with measuring and marking where you will drill.
  • I make 2 rows, each 1 inch apart, these small holes are for screwing in cup hooks.
DSC_1349
  • At 2 ends, I drill bigger holes for securing it to the wall.
  • Spray paint everything, include screw's heads. Let dry. Then installing cup hooks using a pliers (or your fingers will hurt, really hurt).
DSC_1517DSC_1518
DSC_1530
  • I also make one for my hats with the extra wood I have left, or it can be use for keys, pretty much anything you can hang.
I hope you enjoy reading this post.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment