Tuesday, May 26, 2015

DIY hanging clothes with chain

Continue with my tiny closet problem, I tried making double clothes hangers:
This used to be my greatest discovery...
This used to be my greatest discovery...
But with my love for shopping (don't we all?), my closet just seems to always have tooo many items.
DSC_1249
So a new closet system is necessary:
DSC_1440
Using a chain (70c/feet at Homedepot) and 1 shower curtain ring (a pack of 12 is $1 at Walmart), this save up at least 1/3 of my closet space. Of course there are vertical hangers that are sold but some of them have sharp edge or made of cheap material. The sharp edge one can be dangerous, while the one made of cheap material will bend or break if used to hang heavy items. Some have small hooks that don't fit closet rod or just difficult to slide.
A shower curtain ring slides across the rod very easily, while a chain can hold up to hundreds of pound, and you can cut it to as long or as short as you want. And this is my "new" closet:
DSC_1451DSC_1448
It looks so nice. I also color code them, when you arrange your clothes in the same group of color, it looks neater and is easier to find what you want to wear instead of going through the whole closet just to find that one piece. However, there is one down side to hanging clothes this way: It's easy to remove the hanger, but putting it back on the chain is quite a hassle. Therefore, most of my favorite items are hung regularly.
Also putting away your out of season clothes is a must. If you don't wear them, it should not be hung. I just finish putting away all of my winter clothes using space saver bag (yes they work, and I do recommend them). Not only they compress your bulky winter clothes to half their normal size, they also protect your clothes through out storage time. I got mine on Amazon. Small and Medium size bags are good for clothes, while large and Xlarge bags are good for comforter/blanket.
DSC_1253 DSC_1254
Hope these tips would help :)
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment