Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A decanter for a beautiful bathroom

DSC_1486
A beautiful display for bathroom essentials
Before I decided to get a tray, all these stuff were scattered all over the sink counter (of course in theirs original containers). The lotion was in a tube, my cotton ball was in a plastic bag, q-tip came in a huge paper box which I got from walmart years ago. They consumed my counter space (which is already small) and made a total mess.
So in my effort to beautifying my little home without spending a huge fortune buying a whole set from big retailer, I use mostly items that I already have. The big tray was from a yard sale for just $5 (yay summer, I love going to community yard sale). Then I store all my little bathroom necessities in small Mason Jars.
DSC_1511
The little jar for Q-tip is 4oz.  I use 8oz jars for cotton ball and a lotion pump (direction on how to make it here). The nice thing about mason jar is that you can remove the lid for easy access and keep the outer cap on. It looks nicer since the cap hide the screw edge of mason jar while also acts as decoration piece. This bathroom set costs me nothing since I already have them on hand (and they are sold at Target, pack of 12 for $8).
DSC_1513
I add a silver plate for hand towels (match the Mason jars that I have, usually there is only 1 towel on the plate, but I sometimes put 3 on just for taking picture ^^)
DSC_1486fix
And fragrance candles (my husband loves candles). They are great decoration items as well as refreshing your bathroom with lovely fragrance.
DSC_1512
For the space behind the candles, at first I thought of adding a flower vase. But I wasn't sure if putting flower right next to direct heat (and too much decoration pieces on the same tray) would be a good idea. After a long talk with my girlfriend, the flower vase goes on my bathroom shelves (which is in progress so I cut it out of the picture). And she suggested placing my mouthwash on the tray, using a nicer bottle. Therefore, I decided on a decanter with crystal design to match my mason jars. (This is sold on Amazon for $12).
DSC_1501
And finally my bathroom sink is now completed:
DSC_1514
DSC_1486
I am no expert on decoration, and I actually had to go through ton of pictures on Pinterest and Google just to see which style would be best for me. I hope I just don't get bored of it too soon lol.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment