Monday, May 25, 2015

DIY shoes storage with foam board and used mail box

DSC_1318
What you need: Foam board,  used mail boxes, white craft paper, ruler, tape, hot glue gun, glue (or spray adhesive), art knife, scissor, and marking pen
Size: shelf is 24H x 30W x 12D, each small compartment is 6Hx6Wx12D
Foam board cut to size: 12x24 (make 2), 12x30 (make 5), use hot glue gun to glue them together. (Don't forget to add in the thickness of your foam board and cardboard)
DSC_1304
Used mail boxes: Cut them up at the edge, cover them up with white paper, and make a square box
DSC_1297
Cut up at edges (blue lines)
DSC_1303
DSC_1305
Cover one side with white paper (or color of choice)
DSC_1306
Make squares boxes, these would be 6x6x12 in size
Insert these boxes into the shelf frame, secure them with hot glue gun
DSC_1308
Tape the edges up with color tape of choice. Result:
DSC_1318
Compare to my old way of storing my shoes, this is much better, I can see what I have and don't have to go through a bunch of boxes just to find what I want for my outfit.
DSC_1291 DSC_1293
This project cost me about $10. I used 7 foam sheet $1 ea at Dollar store, half a roll of tape $2.50 at Walmart, and other supplies is already on hand. This is a great way to organize your shoes as well as display them.
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment