Tuesday, May 26, 2015

DIY foam dish detergent

A quick tip on saving $$ using DIY foaming dish soap.
If you ever use foaming dish soap, you might notice that it lasts a lot longer than a same size bottle dish soap. But the foaming soap refill can be a little costly. Making you own foaming dish soap is very very simple and can save you a lot of $$ over time.
All you need to do is watering it down, my ratio for Dawn dish soap is 1 part soap with 2 parts water. If you use a different brand, you might need to experience with the ratio a little bit. If it's too thick, the pump will clog and if it's too watery, of course your soap will not be strong enough to clean.
You need a big container (I reuse my great value soap container), empty out Dawn soap leaving the bottle upside down (helps getting most soap out)
DSC_1520 DSC_1524 DSC_1525
Then fill up the same Dawn soap bottle with water, pour water into big container, and shake it up a bit to mix it evenly:
DSC_1526DSC_1527
Fill up a foaming soap dispenser (you can find these at dollar store and make your own foaming soap after you use it up)
DSC_1519
I usually paid less than $1 or sometime I could get Dawn dish soap for free with coupons. With each Dawn bottle I could make 30fl oz foaming dish soap, the same 30fl oz foaming dish soap, same brand, would cost me $6 at big retailer. I basically save $5 making it myself. Sounds pretty good to me :)
This tip saves me lots of $$, I hope it would help you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment